Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Friday!

This week I've decided to get the girls and I on a better schedule. For those of you who have been following our homeschooling journey or that know us personally, you know already that this is no easy feat for us. This week we've had success.

I had already made changes concerning our consistency in school, I logged days last year and it helped to see that we managed to get in over 165 school days (not including field trips). So, even though we only made it through half of My Father's World Explorations to 1850's that was okay. We learned a lot and we did finish all of the text books that we were using for various subjects.

This year we've been sailing along doing very well. The fact that we have been starting our school days around 9ish and that we've already logged in 33 school days even after taking a two week break for Sky's tonsillectomy, is really good. I was pretty impressed!

I can't really explain why I've decided to start getting up earlier, maybe it's the Lord who's been wanting me to seek Him early in the morning. I've just felt led to try and make a change. So, our new bed time has been 9:00 pm. In the bed by 9:00 pm, no excuses. We all read some before falling asleep but the girls have been falling asleep really early. I have a harder time falling asleep at night, I'm a natural night owl, so I've struggled some even though I'm really tired from getting up at 7. I'm praying that my body will adjust and this will become a new habit!

I have found that we are getting so much more accomplished. School is finished earlier with less resistance and the house is looking great with so much time on our hands for chores. I've even had to get one of the dogs groomed midday this week and still finished school earlier than usual. I'm a lot less stressed and pressed for time, I've been planning dinner ahead and having time to prepare for it.

A whole week so far!

Today we are getting ready for Sky's recheck at the doctor and then we are headed to a Museum for a long field trip. I'm so excited. I've been planning this trip for a month and it worked out beautifully that Sky's doctors appointment was the very same morning. It saved me from having to drive over an hour -one way- to the city we are headed to.

And did I mention it's Friday?!

Woohoo

I'll be posting pictures of our field trip soon.

Have a blessed homeschool day!

No comments: