I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands: one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kindom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.
I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's Holy Word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path and will hide it's words in my heart that I might not sin against God.
School year 2009-2010, Sky was in eighth grade and Meadow in the third. We started our days out with the pledges, we sang our hymns, we prayed, done our bible lesson and then pray again. This was before beginning our other subjects. We are finished the second half of My Father's World Exploration to the 1850's. It was my all time favorite which says a lot for me because for years my favorite was Learning Adventures. My Father's World is unit study style incorporating Bible and History.
The creators of My Father's World are David and Marie Hazel. They began MFW as a way to help fund their ministry of translating the Holy Bible into other languages around the world. They spent many years living in Russia translating and have currently returned to the states. Their curriculum is centered in God's word and mission minded. I cannot say enough about my love for My Father's World and its founders.
Our lives and school days have been transformed into exactly what I had envisioned when I began homeschooling so many years ago. Marie has schedules for each week included in each year of My Father's World so each week I copy the schedule and put it on my clip board and I use this guide each day to check off our school as we complete each subject. (a work in progress)
Our beliefs are listed below, with our story and how the Lord called us to homeschool following.
The beliefs of Kingdom Academy.
* THE BIBLE is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
* There is ONE GOD, eternally existent in three Persons:
1. God the Father
2. God the Son
3. God the Holy Spirit
* In the Deity of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule.
* The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.
* The redemptive work of Christ on THE CROSS provides SALVATION in response to believing prayer. This SALVATION includes spiritual salvation, physical healing for the body, protection, deliverance, safety and soundness.
* The Baptism in THE HOLY SPIRIT, according to Acts 1:8 and Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it, for the primary purpose of "POWER" to be a witness of Christ. We believe in the Biblical evidences of the baptism in the Holy Spirit -- including praying in tongues and the gifts of the Spirit.
* In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a HOLY LIFE. Enabled by God's grace, it is the believer's responsibility to walk in PURITY AND HOLINESS before the Lord.
* In the BLESSED HOPE - the rapture of the Church and the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
* In the RESURRECTION of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation. Because of this and Christ's GREAT COMMISSION in Mark 16:15...
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
* The SUPREME TASK of the Church is the evangelization of the lost.
My oldest daughter graduated in May 2008 from our homeschool, Kingdom Academy.
2010-2011 would have been our 10th year homeschooling.
This blog is about that adventure.
I enjoyed it immensely while is lasted.
We continue to ask for prayer about the right thing to do for our girls and our family each school year.