Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Great Week

I am so happy that this week was well accomplished. We were able to finish up week 6 in My Father's World by Wednesday. We doubled up on our reading and did a little homework so that we were able to take Thursday and Friday off. One of the books we are really loving is called American Pioneers and Patriots, it contains wonderful humorous stories. Another one that we are loving is Story of the World, Volume 3, Early Modern Times. I also have the cds for this and I really enjoy listening to these as it eases my work load too. :)

The girls have had friends over, so the house has been full of laughter. I love these times! Last night I fixed a new dish called Pasta Carbonara at The Pioneer Woman's Cooking with Pastor Ryan. It was a winner here and there was not a morsel left!

Today Meadow and I are going to make an edible bird nest with shredded wheat, those crunchy Chinese noodles, peanut butter, and melted chocolate. I'll post pictures later!

God is so good!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Mmmmmm, pasta carbonara! Your making me hungry. Have fun home school and be blessed!

Love alicia <><