Thursday, October 15, 2009

MFW Update Weeks 23 & 24


We moved along so slowly last year with My Father's World-Explorations to 1850's. This year we are moving along in a pattern that feels fast but looking back at my weekly reports I can see, that its not nearly as quickly as it could be. I guess with Sky's surgery and the field trips it has held us back a little. I do like that I blog our progress so that I can keep up with where we've been and where we are without having to dig out our lesson plans. :)

This week we completed week 24. The girls are studying the states and presidents and are really enjoying learning. Their retention has been amazing also, I love it when they share with my family the new information we've covered. Sky really has a great memory and never ceases to amaze me with the facts she keeps hidden away in her mind.

I'm hoping to finish My Father's World-Explorations to 1850's and move onto the following year My Father's World-1850's to Modern by December. If this happens and we do history through the summer we may just be able to finish American History before the girls move onto separated years of My Father's World. This would make a mom's heart really happy and satisfied! :)

I continue to learn as much as the girls are. I just love American History and would be content never studying anything else. The girls would beg to differ!

Tomorrow we are going on another field trip to a D Day Memorial. Tony is off work and will going with us. I am so excited. I'll be sure to take pictures and post our field trip soon.

Praying you all have a blessed weekend!

(As I type the girls are teaching themselves to play Yankee Doodle Dandy on the piano! I love those perfect homeschooling moments, don't you?)

No comments: