Saturday, September 26, 2009

Breakfast Quiche

One of our projects from My Father's World was to fix a quiche. Meadow and I baked two breakfast quiche this week. It's one of Tony's favorites and we are playing with different variations of this dish. Tony wanted gravy on his so he fixed a small batch each time we fixed this. I prefer it without the gravy and thankfully this was a dish that every member of our family ate. It's nice to find something that everyone likes because my girls (especially Sky) tends to be really picky.

We changed the recipe up a little-I love that you can change this dish easily. I kept this one simple for Sky.

We used a pie crust already prepared. I mixed 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, a bunch of parsley and a pinch of salt. Then took tater tots that I had already baked and mashed them with a fork and whisked those in.

I cut up 1/2 pack of bacon and fried it a pan. I also cooked 3 sausage patties and mashed them. (no pictures of the sausage though)

Meadow rolled the dough out.

Sprayed the pan with Pam and pressed the dough in.

Mixed all the ingredients.

Poured them into the prepared crust.

She wanted to tuck the pie crust edges down since the mixture didn't fill to the top, so I let her.

We baked it at 350 for 40 minutes and it was perfectly golden brown!

Delicious!

No comments: