Monday, November 17, 2008

Today was a long day

Especially after such a relaxed week last week. It took the girls a bit to get back into the swing of things. Sky's science Apologia General Science is a huge adjustment for her. I'm not as informed as I should be on learning styles but I know that she can't just read something and understand it. The companion cd helps us out a lot with this program but I also have to come behind her and read the lessons to her, pulling out definitions adding in deeper explanations or giving different examples. I do ask that she read her lesson first. I'm hoping that over time she will begin to process the information on her own better, but until then I must make the time to reread her the lessons in the afternoons. This can make for long days sometimes. I myself, don't mind the reading, I'm learning a great deal. It's the time that can be hard to come by. I know its time well spent and there will be a great reward for it later.

History with My Father's World Exploration to 1850's, just keeps getting better and better. We have finished reading Squanto and are learning more about the pilgrims and the development of their colony. I want the girls to do a Thanksgiving diorama. I'm going to go to Walmart and see if I can find a few nifty things in the crafts section. We had made wigwams the second week and I want to use those in something, they turned out so pretty.

If you have any neat ideas for crafts for Thanksgiving please share them.

No comments: