Monday, November 16, 2009

Surprise for Me!!

Today I printed our schedule for Week 30 in MFW Explorations to 1850's and we finished our Monday history. We are just about to finish Bound For Oregon, only 3 more chapters.

I took my Teacher's Manual to see our work load for the upcoming weeks so that I could plan how much time we would take off for the Holidays. Much to my amazement I discovered that we don't have 6 more weeks of history! We have a couple of weeks to work on our state reports and we are done!

Yep, you heard me right, done!

I am SOOO excited!

We will finish week 30 this week, take next week off of history all together, although we will still be doing our other subjects especially science, math and language arts.

I do so want to stay on top of things.

Some of you may think I'm a mad woman for being so excited over this but allow me a moment to share with you how the Lord has brought us to such success.

Over the years the biggest thing I've struggled with is consistency each day. It just seemed like there was always something coming up and we didn't get around to school like we should. The past couple of years I've really sought the Lord to help me with my sleeping habits and my scheduling abilities. I've never been a scheduler, I've just sort of always winged it and that was a lot of my problem.

The Lord has worked with me, gently calling me in the mornings to wake up and wooing me to sleep earlier in the night. I love my new schedule.

The Lord has also used My Father's World to help me with learning how to schedule our schooling. Having a schedule has made so much difference, and this is something that I never would have believed had I not experienced it myself! I was so against schedules and finally I've learned they do have their value.

I feel like right now the Lord is redeeming time we'd lost in our homeschool. I already have our next year of My Father's World 1850's-Modern so we will be beginning before Christmas! I'm quite sure as we continue to follow the Lord in this thing that we are going to finish this program before our 2010-2011 school year.

As I've shared before the girls will be separated next year with Sky going into MFW High School and Meadow going into MFW Exploring Countries and Cultures.

So after Thanksgiving we will be working on our state reports and after we finish those we will begin our new year of MFW!

Praise God!

Father, I thank-You for opening my eyes and bringing me to repentance, for forgiving me and restoring what I'd so carelessly lost. I pray you continue to keep Your hand upon Kingdom Academy and that we keep our eyes and ears open to hear as you lead. Amen

Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Congratulations! That is such a great feeling! We really loved our state report last year - it was fun to study our state and go one tons of field trips.

Hen Jen said...

congratulations! This is very encouraging to me, I really struggle with the same things you mentioned in this post. So, there is hope for me, yet!

have a wonderful Thanksgiving!